Those scenes where Barney repeats about going home, taking a nap, go over to 
Thelma Lou's and watch a little TV, are written about in Don Knott's book (from 
Weavers) "Barney Fife and Other Characters I Have Known".  Don wrote that when 
he was growing up, they often went to visit relatives and would sit around on 
the porch.  There was usually not much conversation and one of his uncles would 
repeat a  sentence much like those in the show.  "I think I'll go home, take a 
nap", etc.  Don said that it would get repeated at least three times and whom 
ever said it never made a move to get up.  
Don told Andy how these visits went, and they wrote it into the show.  They are 
some of my favorite scenes.  I recommend the book.  I have read it at least 
three times.
"Do it!  Just do it!"
Brenda "Bee" Higgins  New Concord, OH

_____________________________________________________________
Having troubles getting credit?  Start rebuilding now with a prepaid credit 
card.  Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/REAK6aBeat9qPyQu9mTz2IiWMqHsNFyu0jlvPxYlDzPapRSnTg6IuM/
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/

Reply via email to