For a simple electrochem sort 
see:http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/CravensDfactorsaff.pdf
you can tell a lot by looking at the bubble patterns.  (fine good, coarse bad).
Mike M and Fran T.  were able to test loading with a wire system moving a R 
tester along the wire to locate loaded areas.
 
For co-deposit you can make a "cell farm" with multiple cells in the same water 
bath and compare temps and get relative numbers.  That is how I did 
http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/CravensDpracticalta.pdf
see slide 11
 
You can also plate Au onto thermistors and then co-dep and compare temps.
it works well but the cost of thermistors limits the use for the self funded.
 
Another "farm system" - is to run the cells in series (I1=I2....) and put 
zeners in a tube and across the cell (to the keep the V's about equal- zeners 
you will need to think about that one- the electrodes dump some heat and the 
zeners dump the rest).
 
I am still struggling in searches for powder based systems.  Their R is all 
over the map. (packing, oxidation levels, surface area.....)
 
However, one way I have been experimenting with is to pack a tube with several 
powders (various loading, additives.....) then passing pulsed current through 
the stack.  I measure the temp of the outside of the tube.  Using a Al2O3 
ceramic tube. 
But it relies on the R through the various powders to be nearly the same.  It 
is only good for large variations. 
I use a "dilute stack" with most of the stack unloaded C and then adding only a 
little of the (hopefully) various active materials along the tube. 
 
I doubt that this would be good for a spark like system, but I am doing a 
straight excitation of powder via currents.  
 
Good luck.
 
D2
 
 

 
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:35:42 -0500
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Vo]:ideas for materials screening and LENR

Hi All,
I've been considering ideas for running LENR experiments in parallel.  I know 
P&F and others have done some experiments like this in the past with running 
multiple electrolytic cells simultaneously, so this is certainly an option.  
I'm wondering if there are any other thoughts on parallel experimental methods 
to screen materials.  If we know that the effect appears maybe 1/20 to 1/7 
times can a pre-screening process be performed in a relatively rapid manner to 
narrow down the material that works the best.

One idea I had was to take a quartz tube (e.g., Celani/MFMP original cell 
design) with a heating element and loaded with hydrogen.  In the bottom of the 
tube, have several types of materials (e.g., different nickel powder 
mixtures/sizes etc..) discretely separated and monitored with an IR camera 
similar to the setup for the E-cat test.  The image could be monitored to 
determine which samples give off the most heat.

Since the reproducibility problem is in part a materials problem, then it makes 
sense to me to develop a screening method to more quickly find samples that 
work and discard those that don't.  A process using a method to simultaneously 
screen many samples would seem to be the most efficient way to empirically 
screen materials.

NASA's chip array design would have some promise in this area, but would seem 
less practical, more expensive, and limited compared to other possibilities 
(e.g., IR camera).

Any thoughts on this matter or other ideas on efficient materials screening 
processes?
Best regards,Jack                                         

Reply via email to