> From: "David Roberson" <[email protected]> > Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:14:05 PM > Alan, > > I am interested in your model and have a question. For some reason I > did not locate the case where thermal run away occurred. I suspect > that I missed that in the large volume of material. Could you direct > me to that location?
I don't have a CONTROL MODEL yet .. I just inject a waveform and tweak it until it a) matches the observed output, and b) has a temperature profile at the center which MIGHT be used by a model. In my environment I would simulate run-away by injecting a constant amount of heat quickly enough that it can't be dissipated. > You mention that I may be assuming a linear internal power generation > process, but that is not what I am doing with my model. I assume a > polynomial series for this purpose. Any mathematical relationship > can be tested with my simulation and I have tested the old tried and > true exponential curve as well. Each one has its own quirks and can > lead to thermal run away when the COP get large. I'll take out the statement that it's linear. If you want to give me a short formal statement I can put it in a box quote.

