On 27-5-2013 17:26, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Andrew wrote:

"Thus you can supply high power at low current if you use high voltage, which is how a thin wire can be used to sneak in high power. Jed made the same mistake as you, thinking that you need high current to get high power . . ."

No, I did not "forget" that. I am aware that power is I*V. However these is a limit to how much power you can conduct with any wire. You cannot conduct enough to melt a steel cylinder with an ordinary wire.

Exactly my point, which should in my opinion for safety reasons resulting in a possible fire hazard due to the breakdown voltage completely be discarded. The generally used cables are rated and tested for maximum voltages and cannot be used for much higher voltages (kV) due to safety reasons. If you are using these cables for kVs you are willing creating a huge safety hazard.

Kind regards,

Rob


Reply via email to