Vortex is for me, a forum where I have old e-friends. In my opinion very
strict rules are not necessary- if somebody wants to tell me about an
interesting subject- fine. If the subject is not interesting for me, I am
deletimg the message a few seconds of work.
Peter

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Jed Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Jojo Jaro <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>> 1.  Extra verbiage does not bother me, it's the clumsy mailing list
>> format that's causing a lot of heartache.  It sends you all the mail and it
>> clogs my Internet pipe. (I don't have a fast pipe like you have.)  The
>> problem in not so much in the amount of threads, but rather in how the
>> threads are delivered to you because of the Mailing List format.
>>
>
> Maybe you need the Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail reader. It does a good job
> sorting out the threads in various ways. I use both Thunderbird and the
> on-line gmail reader.
>
>
>
>> A Forum Format would help alleviate many problems.  Maybe you can help me
>> prevail upon Bill to do this.
>>
>
> Honestly, I don't know anything about it and I have no opinion.
>
> You mentioned creationism. That is a good candidate for filtering. With
> gmail it is easy to build a filter that auto-deletes any message with that
> word in it. Presto -- problem solved. It is not like you are obligated to
> read every message in Vortex.
>
> - Jed
>
>


-- 
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com

Reply via email to