This is one reason I focus on promoting "Excess Heat:  Why Cold Fusion
Research Prevailed" by Charles Beaudette.

My own interest in cold fusion was curtailed by my attempt to get a project
going at the Roselle Street offices of Science Applications International
Corporation<http://maps.google.com/maps?ix=heb&q=san+diego,+ca&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x80d9530fad921e4b:0xd3a21fdfd15df79,San+Diego,+CA&gl=us&ei=tzMYT7bEGOjCsQKpip3CCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA>.
 This is where SAIC's nuclear plant stack monitoring development and
manufacture was located and where much of SAIC's the Strategic Defense
Initiative work was going on.  I managed the software department and had
developed the control software for the stack monitor.  My effort was
curtailed before 1989 was out by a  CalTech graduate who had studied under
Lewis.  I had already over-extended my credibility by going beyond my
expertise and suffered professional damage as a result.  As a consequence I
failed to follow up on cold fusion in subsequent years, turning instead to
working with fusion researchers in general to draft legislative reform of
fusion development by reorienting it toward objective prize awards for
technical milestones independent of the technical approach
taken<http://www.oocities.org/jim_bowery/BussardsLetter.html>
.

Had someone handed me Beaudette's book in 2000, even at that late date my
life would have taken a very different turn.  I regret that it took the
Rossi controvery to get me to revisit the history of cold fusion research
by reading Beaudette's essential book.

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Jed Rothwell <[email protected]>wrote:

> That worked out well. Good job Andrea! See:
>
>
> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/dick-smith-warns-against-investment-in-cold-fusion-technology/story-e6frg8y6-1226247794568
>
> - Jed
>
>

Reply via email to