Vortex-l has been a great teacher for me in the art of technical
writing. I still have long way to go. Sometimes I run into things
that make me want to be a much better writer. Below is one of them.
This has to be one of my favorite movie reviews. It is a review of
the film "Rubber". I love the clarity and passion. It made me laugh
quite a while.
"Wow! This movie works on so many levels! Not only is it totally
boring, but it's really stupid and completely pointless and quite
poorly executed to boot! Imagine a movie that is really, really
terrible and it's also horribly acted and directed. Then imagine that
really bad movie has a terrible script and doesn't actually go
anywhere. Then imagine the director is a complete poseur who
spectacularly fails at making some sort of half-realized pathetic
"statement." Then, my friends, you would have Rubber. This movie is
the single worst piece of self-indulgent garbage I've ever seen. A
bunch of high school kids with a video camera and some cough medicine
would make a better movie than this. Heck, a bunch of hamsters with a
video camera and some cough medicine would make a better movie than
this. It's awful. It's really, really, awful. And it's not awful in
the, "oh, my God, this is hilarious" way. It's really, really awful
in the, "it certainly is a shame that those kids had to get cancer"
way. Don't waste a download. Don't waste a DVD. For the love of all
that's clean and decent in this universe, do not watch this movie. It
is a pox on the behind of creation. It, and I am being completely
serious here, is not worth you to even take the time to read this
review. Do yourself a favor and watch some paint dry instead. I
guarantee you'll have a better time than if you watch Rubber."
Best regards,
Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/