Alan J Fletcher quotes Google:

The Greeks professor at the University of Bologna and former Ambassador Christos Stremmenos, who participated in the research effort but also participate in the company Defkalion, calculates that *the cost of electricity will be less than $ 0.01 per kilowatt hour,* while the average cost of production PPC reaches 0.1 million. Defkalion *Hyperion 3.000-5.000 *( ), ( inverter ) 500-900 . The device that produces Defkalion called *Hyperion and will be marketed in 3000-5000 against the euro* for heat production (for domestic hot water), while an additional purchase of a converter (inverter) cost 500-900 million could be generated electric energy will be channeled to the grid in the same way as the connection of PV.

I think something's lost in the translation.   $0.01 / kWH  !!??
Hyperion 3000 - 5000 : is that purchase price in Euros for domestic hot water ??? ==> $4000 - $7000

Rossi said they will only sell to factories and professionals. I doubt they will find 300,000 industrial customers for a brand-new, untried technology. Even if the fuel costs nothing, factory engineers are more concerned with reliability and ease of maintenance. That's what the people at Hydrodynamics tell me. If the unit goes down unexpectedly for a few hours, all the money they saved in fuel will not make up for the money they lose in production.

There is a lot of confusion about this, as we have come to expect from Rossi. In the LENR-CANR News section I quote Defkalion web site claim that they have the right to sell everywhere in the world but the Americas (presumably North and South America). But other sources say the Greek company will only sell in Greece and the Balkans. Who knows what to believe?

A 5000 euro water heater for a house would not be a good deal. In the U.S., over the 20-year life of a household heater, machine+fuel costs about $3,500 for an electric heater or $1,700 for gas. (That's an estimate based on 50 gallons a day which is a lot less than I use.)

A 5000 euro heater for an apartment building or factory would be a great deal, as long as it works reliably. However, I do not think sane people will want to drink or bathe in water that has been run through the heat exchanger of a nuclear reactor, especially one that is all-but-untested and which no theorist on earth can explain. You couldn't pay me to do that!

I keep bringing up practical considerations of this nature. Rossi and most U.S. cold fusion researchers tell me there is nothing to worry about. I can't tell if I am crazy or they are, but I get a strong feeling that one of us is far removed from reality. To me, the notion of selling 300,000 nuclear that no one understands to the public is so unthinkable, and so far beyond the pale, they might as well be talking about selling 300,000 flying cars without any consideration of air traffic control or pilots licenses. I can't imagine that any sane government regulator would even consider allowing such a thing! If I were a regulator, I would tell them to come back when they a 2-foot stack of reports from universities and national laboratories worldwide proving the thing is perfectly safe and 100% under control, after a million hours of testing a few thousand units. That's what regulators and the public demand of a prosaic, incremental improvement to existing technology, such as a new type of hybrid automobile. So it seem obvious to me the public will demand that level of reassurance for a revolutionary machine.

By "inverter" I assume they mean something like a thermoelectric generator (TEG), or possibly a steam turbine. A TEG costs a fortune and is very inefficient. Small turbines are promising but still under development. I doubt anyone could put a price on one. So I have no clue what this means. More confusion.

- Jed

Reply via email to