Shuffle is a toggle. If you put it on for an album, it remains on until you 
double-tap it again to turn it off. One of you might have accidentally 
activated shuffle whilst selecting something to play. If you select the all 
songs tab at the bottom of the display, shuffle will be at the top. Otherwise, 
it is at the top of the song list for whichever album you select. Finally, you 
can tell Siri to do not shuffle if your iPod supports Siri.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone

On 07/04/2013, at 23:57, Sandy Finley <[email protected]> wrote:

> David, This never occurred to either of us because I mee shuffle as something 
> that is chosen each time one selects an album. I do not see a button that 
> puts shuffle on as default. I tried to fiqd it after reading your message but 
> I am missing it.  Sandy
> 
> Sandy Finley
> 
> On 06/04/2013, at 6:13 PM, David Chittenden <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> It sounds like shuffle is active on his iPod. Find and double-tap shuffle to 
> change its status.
> 
> David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
> Email: [email protected]
> Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> On 07/04/2013, at 9:46, "Sandy Finley" <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> My iPhone and my husband’s iPod have access to the same music library. 
>> Recently he began complaining that his iPod does not play songs on an album 
>> in order.  I was suspicious of this claim, but he’s right.  I tested three 
>> albums I know well.  First I selected “artists,” located a particular artist 
>> and then selected an album.  I listened to the first three songs, all of 
>> which were played in order.
>> Then I  tried the same system on the iPod. First I tried it with the device 
>> set to show me only downloaded music. The songs played out of order. Then I 
>> deleted all of those albums from his device and changed the setting so that 
>> the iPod would see the music on iTunes Match. I thought that surely when I 
>> did this they’d be in order, since my phone was playing from the same iTunes 
>> a Match account as is the iPod. But nope!  
>> The weird thing is  on his iPod the songs are shown in order; they just 
>> don’t play in order.  In short, it’s a mystery. Any ideas of how to problem 
>> solve this one? BTW, I know they are synchronized to the same account; I 
>> purchased a couple of albums this week while we were not even in the same 
>> town and they were immediately available to him.
>>  
>> Sandy
>> -- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google 
>> Group.
>> To search the VIPhone public archive, visit 
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>> [email protected].
>> For more options, visit this group at 
>> http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "VIPhone" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected].
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>  
>>  
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google 
> Group.
> To search the VIPhone public archive, visit 
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>  
>  
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google 
> Group.
> To search the VIPhone public archive, visit 
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>  
>  

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google 
Group.
To search the VIPhone public archive, visit 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to