Hi Alan,
I have the Zoom IQ 6 which is a stereo microphone and does an amazing job.
T does depend on the thickness of your case.  It has a very short lightning 
plug.  The IQ 6 has an 3.5 earphone jack on it, which is necessary because it 
will block VoiceOver from coming over the speaker and Bluetooth earphones do 
not work while it is plugged in.
I paid $99.99 a few years ago for it.
It works quite well with Just Press Record.
Here is the manufacturer’s web page.  You can also find it at Amazon, 
SweetWater and probably lots of other places.
https://www.zoom-na.com/products/handy-recorder/zoom-iq6-professional-stereo-microphone-ios

Richard

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Alan Lemly
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:49 AM
To: VIPhone Email List <[email protected]>; 'Support for iDevices.' 
<[email protected]>
Subject: Seeking External Microphone Recommendations for Use with iPhone 7

Hello Viphone and iDevices Lists,

I will be attending homeowners association committee meetings where I need to 
get a good recording and transcription using the Just Press Record app with my 
iPhone 7. I'm thinking a good external microphone with a lightning connector 
will improve my recordings and increase the likelihood of success. With that in 
mind, I'm looking for any external microphone recommendations you can offer. 
Price is always a consideration and I really don't want to spend more than $100 
for an external microphone.

I've read about the Zoom iQ6 iOS Lightning X/Y Microphone on Amazon and recall 
others mentioning this manufacturer's older models in the past favorably. I'd 
welcome any comments about this microphone and any others with which you've had 
experience.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide about external 
microphones for use with my iPhone 7.

Alan Lemly
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can 
reach Cara at [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cc803a32f57b84db5719708d570ae88d0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636538817271421687&sdata=wjaeeFPrxKSDVEIx2Aake%2B6WuNjUHnOueVJKyUG94Aw%3D&reserved=0>
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
To post to this group, send email to 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at 
https://groups.google.com/group/viphone<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fgroup%2Fviphone&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cc803a32f57b84db5719708d570ae88d0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636538817271421687&sdata=hGqmWL3JLmhpas8eUIYCteQFWKy7v7WA2PL9whtkaJE%3D&reserved=0>.
For more options, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/optout<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Foptout&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cc803a32f57b84db5719708d570ae88d0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636538817271421687&sdata=lJxxE9MJVIuIHT36F5KedwH%2F3qad37eJHR6h6F75oKQ%3D&reserved=0>.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to