Maybe a fresh pair of ears will pick up on my request.
--------------------------------------------------
From: "Jewel" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:21 PM
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Speech rate
I had speech rate set at 55% or thereabouts, and then, suddenly, it dropped to
zero.
I switched on the rotor in the game that I was engaged in, but it showed me
only 3 settings,
words/characters/ headings, with the very briefest of mentions to there being a
speech rate setting,
but, apparently, it was there in name only because when I stopped the rotor at
where speech rate was
said to be hiding, the phone completely ignored my flick and passed on to the
next setting.
Having failed to correct it within the game, I betook myself to iPhone settings
and started again to
look for the rotor, in general/accessibility/voice-over/speech rate, but the
rotor, itself, I
couldn't find.
I had speech rate so I opened that but found that the options of choice of rate
I was given came in
increments of 10%. Now 50 was tolerable but a bit on the funereal side, while
60% was much too
fast.
Is it possible to reset the choice of speech rate to increments of less than
10%?
Oh! in case it is of any significance, I am running IOS10.3.3.
Jewel
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at:
[email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at
[email protected]
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.