Amen to all of that. If you don’t like it, or feel it’s not up to your standards, then move on. > On Dec 1, 2016, at 2:56 AM, Terri Stimmel <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > > Ok in my opinion, this is getting just a bit silly! I'd like to choose a much > different word. But I am not usually a rude person, and I am trying very hard > to respect others, and their thinking. > > > First of all, I'm glad that hopefully on-demand will be coming next year. I > honestly didn't expect that to happen right away. Nor did I expect to have > some sort of cloud service,. > > > I personally don't feel I am taking crap! And I certainly don't feel I am > being treated as though I was a black person back in the day. I feel that > isn't even a conparison,. > > I chose to try out this service, nobody held a gun to my head and made me. I > decided to take the 7 day trial, and I will decide rather or not to keep it. > > > Personally, if I don't get my local stations, this isn't a huge deal to me. I > can understand how it can be for some. But, due to not having cable for about > 2 years, I've been using an antenna anyway. So I just plan to use this for > the local stuff I can't get from the App. That's just my choice. > > Plus I like the idea of doing that, because I will still get my local CW, and > My TV, Antenna TV, and ME TV. As well as Ion. > > I hope that at one point they do carry CBS. But right now I have CBS > All-Access. I realize not everyone can afford all these things, and I respect > this. Honestly, if I didn't have a great roommate who split the bills with > me, I would likely not have all I have. > > > We are a minority. You have to consider the fact that many people don't even > think that we watch tv, or movies. So yes, we don't get considered in the > making of streaming Apps, or having the option to use Pay-Per-view, or > on-demand from most, or all cable companies. We have to have sighted > assistance with these things. > > Plus, if you think about it, you have to remember what channels are which > with your cable provider. Even though you can enter a number and get there, > you still have to remember which channel it is. So really, what's the > difference? > > Yes, I would like to have the channels numbered. Then I would just know right > where I would want to go. But you can search for a channel, which I think is > awesome! I did this last night, and it worked beautifully! > > > I'm really very sorry that so many people seem to be so fed up with this > service already. That makes me kind of sad. It's new, it's not going to work > perfectly, and it's definitely going to have it's problems and issues for a > while. But to me this is normal, and to be expected. I don't think we should > all feel that this is going to work flawlessly, and be accessible right from > the beginning. > > I do hope they make things better. I also hope that once so many people > aren't signing up, and apparently trying to watch all at once, that the > service will not get overloaded. These are things that just have to be worked > out. I feel this will happen in time. > > > When it comes to the aspects of better accessibility, if we can figure out > who to write, or discuss the situation with, we should most certainly do so. > But if we go in to the situation as though we are entitled, then what good is > that going to do us? You shouldn't want to do that, because you never get > anywhere that way. > > Making your voice heard, maybe more than once, and pointing out the areas > that need fixing, or correcting is something we should most certainly do. But > it has to be handled in the proper way. > > > It's like sieghard told me when I was attempting to use Sling Tv. If you want > it to work so badly, and you feel so passionately about it, then do something > about it. Maybe that wasn't exactly right. I have trouble quoting people. But > that was close. He is perfectly correct, and this is what I myself desire to > do. I feel this service deserves a chance. > > You could barely do anything with Sling. I know, because I tried. I gave it > my all, and the service, and tech support was just horrible! > > > So to me, even with all it's issues, including accessability issues, it's > something worth striving for. I am glad they had a 7 day trial. At least if > you are so disgusted with the service, you don't have to keep it. > > > That's just my thoughts on the situation. Good luck, and happiness to all of > you who choose to stick with this for a while, and give it a chance. I think > from what we all learn, and do, we can help each other. > > > Terri > > On 11/30/2016 11:53 PM, Mary Otten wrote: >> X you must be in an area where your local channels are actually owned by the >> network. If you aren't, then you won't get those channels. And how did you >> know that you were actually getting that channel? God knows it's not label. >> I guess you're supposed to just memorize what's on all the channels so >> you'll know what channel you're on. I am continuously amazed at the crap >> blind people will take without complaining. Kind of reminds me of what black >> people used to put up with. >> >> Sent from my iPhone >> >> On Nov 30, 2016, at 9:23 PM, Kliphton Miller <[email protected] >> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >> >>> I get my local fox channel, and my local NBC channel. Nobody will get CBS >>> as they haven’t signed on yet, I don’t watch anything on ABC, so didn’t >>> look for it. >>>> On Nov 30, 2016, at 10:47 PM, Lynda Ingraham <[email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi Mary, >>>> >>>> In addition to all of the valid points you raise related to accessibility, >>>> local channels are not being offered in all markets. In the Albany, NY >>>> area, local stations are not available. >>>> >>>> From: [email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>[mailto:[email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>] On Behalf Of Mary Otten >>>> Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:32 PM >>>> To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> >>>> Subject: Re: disappointed with direectvnow any other good live streaming >>>> options >>>> >>>> It's worth it if you want another Apple TV. As a service, it is not worth >>>> it. Not until they fix this channel problem. Really, Clifton, just how are >>>> you going to deal with 20 or 30 channels and your favorite? Are you going >>>> to memorize all of those? Do you really think that everyone should have to >>>> do that? Oh and what about on-demand programming? I did a search for "on >>>> demand" and didn't get what I was hoping to get, that is a list of >>>> available on-demand program. >>>> Mary >>>> >>>> >>>> Sent from my iPhone >>>> >>>> On Nov 30, 2016, at 6:53 PM, Kliphton Miller <[email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>>>> it’s really not that bad once you get use to it. If you would like me to >>>>> help you out, you can reach me at >>>>> [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> >>>>> takes a little getting use to, but trust me it is worth it. I signed up >>>>> for the 3 months in advance, and will have my 3rd appleTV4 by christmas. >>>>>> On Nov 30, 2016, at 6:50 PM, Elise Ridout <[email protected] >>>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hi, I am not so far impressed with accessibility of the Direectvnow app. >>>>>> Is there any other good method for streaming i.e. meaning I don't have >>>>>> to have or pay for a cable box. As bizarre as it sounds, one of the >>>>>> reasons I cancelled my Comcast was the obnoxiously loud noise the X1 box >>>>>> made, but they don't offer a streaming-only option. I want to watch >>>>>> Investigation Discovery Channel that is anyone familiar with an >>>>>> accessible app that has this channel? Thank you. >>>>>> Elise >>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone >>>>>> list. >>>>>> >>>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or >>>>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the >>>>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. >>>>>> >>>>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn >>>>>> - you can reach Cara at [email protected] >>>>>> <mailto:[email protected]> >>>>>> >>>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at: >>>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ >>>>>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/> >>>>>> --- >>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>> Groups "VIPhone" group. >>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>>>> an email to [email protected] >>>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] >>>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone >>>>>> <https://groups.google.com/group/viphone>. >>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout >>>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone >>>>> list. >>>>> >>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or >>>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the >>>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. >>>>> >>>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn >>>>> - you can reach Cara at [email protected] >>>>> <mailto:[email protected]> >>>>> >>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at: >>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ >>>>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/> >>>>> --- >>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>>>> "VIPhone" group. >>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>>>> email to [email protected] >>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] >>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone >>>>> <https://groups.google.com/group/viphone>. >>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout >>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>. >>>> -- >>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone >>>> list. >>>> >>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or >>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the >>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. >>>> >>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - >>>> you can reach Cara at [email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]> >>>> >>>> The archives for this list can be searched at: >>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ >>>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/> >>>> --- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>>> "VIPhone" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>>> email to [email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone >>>> <https://groups.google.com/group/viphone>. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout >>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>. >>>> >>>> -- >>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone >>>> list. >>>> >>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or >>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the >>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. >>>> >>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - >>>> you can reach Cara at [email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]> >>>> >>>> The archives for this list can be searched at: >>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ >>>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/> >>>> --- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>>> "VIPhone" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>>> email to [email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] >>>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone >>>> <https://groups.google.com/group/viphone>. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout >>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>. >>> >>> -- >>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. >>> >>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if >>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners >>> or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. >>> >>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - >>> you can reach Cara at [email protected] >>> <mailto:[email protected]> >>> >>> The archives for this list can be searched at: >>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ >>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/> >>> --- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>> "VIPhone" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >>> email to [email protected] >>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>> To post to this group, send email [email protected] >>> <mailto:[email protected]>. >>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone >>> <https://groups.google.com/group/viphone>. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout >>> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>. >> -- >> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. >> >> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if >> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or >> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. >> >> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - >> you can reach Cara at [email protected] >> <mailto:[email protected]> >> >> The archives for this list can be searched at: >> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ >> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "VIPhone" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected] >> <mailto:[email protected]>. >> To post to this group, send email [email protected] >> <mailto:[email protected]>. >> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone >> <https://groups.google.com/group/viphone>. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout >> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>. > > > -- > The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. > > If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if > you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or > moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. > > Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - > you can reach Cara at [email protected] > > The archives for this list can be searched at: > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ > <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/> > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "VIPhone" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected] > <mailto:[email protected]>. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected] > <mailto:[email protected]>. > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone > <https://groups.google.com/group/viphone>. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout > <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
-- The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
