GitHub user nickaccuweb added a comment to the discussion: Usage Server - 
Cleanup database and start fresh new

@EduFrazao,

You can clear the old usage records without cleaning or rebuilding your 
production cloud database.

I don't recommend truncating the entire cloud_usage database because it also 
contains internal helper and usage-job information. Removing everything may 
cause CloudStack to process old usage events again.

If you simply want to remove the old usage history and start collecting new 
records, I recommend:

Step 1. Stop the Usage Server.
Step 2. Take a backup of cloud_usage.
Step 3. Clear only the main aggregated usage table:

TRUNCATE TABLE cloud_usage.cloud_usage;

Step 4. Start the Usage Server again.

This keeps the existing Usage Server state/helper tables while removing the old 
generated usage records.

I would also recommend taking the database backup first, especially if the 
usage data is currently being used by any billing or quota integration.

Nick R
Accuweb.Cloud

GitHub link: 
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/14252#discussioncomment-18642372

----
This is an automatically sent email for [email protected].
To unsubscribe, please send an email to: [email protected]

Reply via email to