GitHub user maxadamo closed the discussion with a comment: Alternative to MySQL

After experimenting with different setups, I decided against replicating 
between two distinct clusters. Instead, I'm stretching the Galera cluster by 
putting two nodes at each location and a single node at a third site that will 
run the arbitrator.  
I've also enabled the `gmcast` settings, which allow splitting the cluster in 
multiple segments, so commits are relayed by one host at time and are 
propagated in the local site.  
Without this parameter, one host sends to all, and it means crossing the WAN 
twice instead of just once. 
The GTID replication kept generating errors. Also, MaxScale geo-replication is 
not free and is only in technology preview.  
**I really wish I could have used Postgres with Patroni! It would have very 
effective.**  __
Alongside Galera and keeplived I am also using `etcd` with keys generated by a 
systemd service to prevent split-brain scenarios. This functionality would have 
been available by default with Patroni.  
So, plus one for Postgres supports 👍. 

GitHub link: 
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/12513#discussioncomment-18625296

----
This is an automatically sent email for [email protected].
To unsubscribe, please send an email to: [email protected]

Reply via email to