Hello all,
Forgive me for any noob questions or omissions, I subscribe to a “learn it as I
go” model.
I’m having trouble getting RDP to work on my Guacamole setup. I’m using it for
KVM virtual machines on a bridged adapter.
RDP works into the VM from my workstation that is not the same box as guacamole
is running on.
Host: Ubuntu Server 18.04.1 LTS
Guest: Virtual Windows Server 2016 (VM I’m trying to RDP into)
Guacamole Version: 0.9.14
Libfreerdp-dev version: 1.1.0~git20140921.1.440916e+dfsg1-15ubuntu1
When I try to open through guacamole I get the following in the web browser:
“The remote desktop server is currently unreachable. If the problem persists,
please notify your system administrator, or check your system logs.”
Syslog shows this:
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[4234]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[4234]: Connection ID is <omitted>"
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[14988]: No security mode specified. Defaulting to
RDP.
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[14988]: Resize method: none
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[14988]: User "@<omitted>" joined connection
"$<omitted>" (1 users now present)
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[14988]: Loading keymap "base"
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[14988]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[14988]: Failed to load guacdr plugin. Drive
redirection and printing will not work. Sound MAY not work.
Aug 12 20:53:49 odin guacd[14988]: Failed to load guacsnd alongside guacdr
plugin. Sound will not work. Drive redirection and printing MAY not work.
Aug 12 20:53:52 odin guacd[14988]: Error connecting to RDP server
Aug 12 20:53:52 odin guacd[14988]: User "@<omitted>" disconnected (0 users
remain)
Aug 12 20:53:52 odin guacd[14988]: Last user of connection "$<omitted>"
disconnected
Aug 12 20:53:52 odin guacd[4234]: Connection "$<omitted>" removed.
I do not show any failed attempts to connect in the event viewer. I’m looking
in Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows >
TerminalServices-LocalSessionsManager > Operational
My user.mapping for rdp is this:
<connection name="RDP">
<protocol>rdp</protocol>
<param name="hostname">172.16.99.162</param>
<param name="port">3389</param>
<param name="enable-wallpaper">true</param>
</connection>
Use of the Google Machine found someone else with these exact errors some years
ago and they fixed by removing the requirement for NLA on the server. Tried
this, didn’t help.
VNC and SSH work fine.
Prerequisite check showed good for RDP before building
This is the first thing I’ve built like this. Used official documentation from
the website.
Not sure where to go next for troubleshooting. Rebuild? I hope not. Any advice
appreciated.
Thanks for any help.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10