Thank you for this alternative.
I don’t understand how the workaround will fix this on systems with limited
memory and maybe larger graph.
Running Connected Components on the same graph gives the same problem.
IterationHead(Unnamed Delta Iteration)(82/88) switched to FAILED
java.lang.RuntimeException: Memory ran out. Compaction failed. numPartitions:
32 minPartition: 31 maxPartition: 32 number of overflow segments: 417
bucketSize: 827 Overall memory: 149159936 Partition memory: 65601536 Message:
Index: 32, Size: 31
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.hash.CompactingHashTable.insertRecordIntoPartition(CompactingHashTable.java:469)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.hash.CompactingHashTable.insertOrReplaceRecord(CompactingHashTable.java:414)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.hash.CompactingHashTable.buildTableWithUniqueKey(CompactingHashTable.java:325)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadTask.readInitialSolutionSet(IterationHeadTask.java:212)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadTask.run(IterationHeadTask.java:273)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.BatchTask.invoke(BatchTask.java:354)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:584)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Best,
Ovidiu
> On 14 Mar 2016, at 17:36, Martin Junghanns <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I think this is the same issue we had before on the list [1]. Stephan
> recommended the following workaround:
>
>> A possible workaround is to use the option "setSolutionSetUnmanaged(true)"
>> on the iteration. That will eliminate the fragmentation issue, at least.
>
> Unfortunately, you cannot set this when using graph.run(new PageRank(...))
>
> I created a Gist which shows you how to set this using PageRank
>
> https://gist.github.com/s1ck/801a8ef97ce374b358df
>
> Please let us know if it worked out for you.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flink-user/201508.mbox/%3CCAELUF_ByPAB%2BPXWLemPzRH%3D-awATeSz4sGz4v9TmnvFku3%3Dx3A%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> On 14.03.2016 16:55, Ovidiu-Cristian MARCU wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While running PageRank on a synthetic graph I run into this problem:
>> Any advice on how should I proceed to overcome this memory issue?
>>
>> IterationHead(Vertex-centric iteration
>> (org.apache.flink.graph.library.PageRank$VertexRankUpdater@7712cae0 |
>> org.apache.flink.graph.library.PageRank$RankMesseng$
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Memory ran out. Compaction failed.
>> numPartitions: 32 minPartition: 24 maxPartition: 25 number of overflow
>> segments: 328 bucketSize: 638 Overall memory: 115539968 Partition memory:
>> 50659328 Message: Index: 25, Size: 24
>> at
>> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.hash.CompactingHashTable.insertRecordIntoPartition(CompactingHashTable.java:469)
>> at
>> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.hash.CompactingHashTable.insertOrReplaceRecord(CompactingHashTable.java:414)
>> at
>> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.hash.CompactingHashTable.buildTableWithUniqueKey(CompactingHashTable.java:325)
>> at
>> org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadTask.readInitialSolutionSet(IterationHeadTask.java:212)
>> at
>> org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadTask.run(IterationHeadTask.java:273)
>> at
>> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.BatchTask.invoke(BatchTask.java:354)
>> at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:584)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Best,
>> Ovidiu
>>