Hi Talat,

Could you elaborate what do you mean by “opening and closing bundle”?

Sometimes, starting a KafkaReader can take time since it will seek for a start 
offset for each assigned partition but it happens only once at pipeline 
start-up and mostly depends on network conditions.

> On 9 Jun 2020, at 23:05, Talat Uyarer <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> I added some metrics on a step right after KafkaIO. When I compare the read 
> time difference between producer and KafkaIO it is 800ms for P99. However 
> somehow that step's opening and closing bundle difference is 18 seconds for 
> p99. The step itself does not do any specific thing. Do you have any idea why 
> bundle latency is very high ? Where should I check or tune on KafkaIO ?
> 
> Additional information I read from one topic. That topic has 15 partitions. 
> Producer write in a round robin fashion. 
> 
> Thanks

Reply via email to