I just can't find a livecode lesson that doesn't just directly access a
MySQL port . . .
I think I'm far enough along with livecode server to take a swing at
talking to postgresql
I try
put revOpenDatabase("postgresql", "dochawkbk.on-rev.com"
,"dochawkb_aTestDb","dochawkb","yeeHaw52!" ) into dbno
put dbno & "<p>"
and get
could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on
host "dochawkbk.on-rev.com" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
It *should* be, shouldn't it--this is on on-rev.com?
SO I replace with "localhost" for the host, and get,
FATAL: database "dochawkb_aTestDb" does not exist
I take it that this means that I *am* talking to the postgresql socket?
So I take a stroll to the phppgadmin page, and find the "alter" section.
I don't have createdb checked for me. I check it, give it passwords, and
get the message that
*SQL error:*
ERROR: must be superuser to alter superusers
Hmm, if I can't do this from the panel, how can I possibly create a new
database from a script, whether lc or sh?
--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462
[email protected]
3025 S. Maryland Parkway
Suite A
Las Vegas, NV 89109
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[email protected]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode