Ken,
Sorry I took so long to reply. I had a medical problem that is fine now.
I'm using the sendText VBScript. Here is the script to send an item.
put "Set WshShell = CreateObject(" & quote & "WScript.Shell" & quote &
")" & return & \
"WshShell.SendKeys" && quote & field "TextToPut" & quote into
Vscript
sendText Vscript
Bill Vlahos
_________________
InfoWallet (http://www.infowallet.com) is about keeping your important life
information with you, accessible, and secure.
On Aug 12, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Ken Ray wrote:
>
> On Aug 12, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Bill Vlahos wrote:
>
>> I call a VBScript and need to know when it finishes so that I can restore a
>> window. I can put a long delay but that isn't very elegant and the time
>> delay should be a few seconds but it may take longer on older systems.
>>
>> I'm doing the same thing with an AppleScript on the Mac but it doesn't seem
>> to have this problem but that could be that it just does it quick enough.
>>
>> Is there a way to wait with messages or something like that for running a
>> VBScript or AppleScript?
>
> Technically unless you are executing something in your VBScript that is
> asynchronous, calling VBScript from LiveCode should be blocking (i.e. you
> won't get control back to your script until the VBScript has finished). Is it
> possible that the VBScript is executing quickly and returning to LiveCode but
> the *effects* of what the VBScript asked the OS to do is taking a while to
> complete?
>
> What VBScript are you executing, btw?
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
> Email: [email protected]
> Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [email protected]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
> preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[email protected]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode