Dan, I had the a similar experience. I bought a new phone and needed to side 
load my ToDo app. I thought I’d give it a go by installing the last build (now 
a few years old). Of course that didn’t work (the new device wasn’t in the 
“approved” device list) so that meant updating the device list, regenerating 
the necessary certificates, and rebuilding the rebuilding/signing the app 
bundle. I turned to Google AI and it waltzed me through the process. 

Mark
 
Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 22, 2026, at 4:52 pm, Dan Friedman via use-livecode 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> This used to be the absolute worst part of publishing an app — desktop or 
> mobile, apple or android.  YUCK!!   But then I asked my new best friend 
> (ChatGPT) for some guidance.  It was done in 30 minutes!   Just tell it, “I 
> made an app in LiveCode on my Mac and I need to [sign it for desktop | submit 
> it to the XXX App Store], can you walk me through the process?”.   It knew 
> EXACTLY what to do.  It even discovered the missing key and guided me to 
> create and install the new one.    ChatGPT, don’t leave home without it!
> 
> Hope that helps...
> 
> -Dan
> 
> 
> From: use-livecode <[email protected]> on behalf of 
> Georges Malamoud via use-livecode <[email protected]>
> Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2026 at 8:43 AM
> To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
> Cc: Georges Malamoud <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Code Signing
> 
>> Well I am not creating a pkg, I am code signing a standalone, and the issue 
>> is not with the standalone. Trevor’s app is reporint that it cannot find the 
>> identity.
>> 
>> Bob S
> 
> Sorry, I was not clear.
> Of course you have already a standalone and then you want to code sign it 
> with the process I mentioned.
> When your app has been code signed, if you want to transfer to an other Mac 
> or person, the best way I found is to also create a pkg (for installation). 
> It is a choice in the local menu in the stack.
> You could also transfer the app directly but there all sorts of system 
> protections depending on your MacOS version.
> 
> To create your identity, profile, certificates, you need access to Apple 
> member developer center… Several steps are necessary...
> That is the way it works. It is painful, but when you have done it once, it 
> is easier.
> Good luck !
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [email protected]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription 
> preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [email protected]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription 
> preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[email protected]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription 
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

Reply via email to