> Is this under Windows? Because on OSX I get the URL and not the title when
> dragging bookmarks from both Safari and Firefox into a Livecode field. In
> fact from memory, to get the title on a Mac you need to grab the url, load
> it and then parse the text between the title tags.
Hi Terry
It's on Mac with the Opera browser. With Safari I get indeed the URL (?).
> on dragenter
> set the acceptdrop to true
> end dragenter
> on dragdrop
> put url (the dragData) into theHTML
> put offset("<title>",theHTML)+7 into b
> put offset("</title>",theHTML)-1 into z
> put char b to z of theHTML into me
> put cr & the dragData after me --the URL itself
> end dragdrop
Thanks Marty,
That script works fine - with Safari. With Opera I get only the title.
On the other hand: when I drag the URL out of the browser (grabing it by the
favicon) and drop it on the desktop, I get a file with the title as the
filename (Safari) and the URL as the filename (Opera)???
By the way (LiveCode dictionary):
...The acceptDrop property is deprecated as of version 2.9. Setting the
acceptDrop to true is equivalent to setting the dragAction to "copy".
I have to do more research tomorrow
Thomas
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[email protected]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode