On 2/27/11 11:30 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
I guess I should explain more. I have been working with groups lately and was very frustrated with trying to line them up with other elements not in the group. That led me to the Grid menu item. How does everyone else handle lining up elements in a group with those outside of a group?
Re: your other post, the grid setting never shows gridlines, it's just a "snap to" effect. You can change the number of pixels for the snap in prefs.
I don't depend on grid too much, I use the property inspector. If you shift-click the objects you want to align and double-click when selecting the last one (or just leave the inspector already open) then the Align pane is available. That can align objects in just about any way you need. The first item chosen is the one that serves as the reference for all the other objects.
-- Jacqueline Landman Gay | [email protected] HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com _______________________________________________ use-livecode mailing list [email protected] Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
