J.Stoffels: I realized that I have freezes due to graphics. I have a
hunch this is because my install is CLS/Legacy mode, not UEFI. Such a
freeze might have happened during upgrading as well, as I used the
application manager to launch the upgrade. In libreoffice and firefox I
switched off the hardware acceleration and since then no freezes using
these two programs. I restored my 24.04.5LTS system and now I upgrade
via the CLI with do-release-upgrade to avoid graphics. This completes
successfully. So, this issue is a graphics freeze issue and probably a
result of not using UEFI, but not an installer issue.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169411

Title:
  Freeze during upgrade from 24.04.5 LTS to 26.04.1 at install libosinfo

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/2169411/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to