Public bug reported:

Upon SSH into Ubuntu 26.04 resolute as a regular user, AppArmor produces
errors in kernel log (/var/log/kern.log). I traced this down to MOTD
Landscape script running landscape-sysinfo.

Version: landscape-common 26.02.2-0ubuntu1

2026-10-03T12:28:56.202784+10:00 server kernel: kauditd_printk_skb: 2 callbacks 
suppressed
2026-10-03T12:28:56.202797+10:00 server kernel: audit: type=1400 
audit(1790994536.201:1563): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" class="file" 
profile="who" name="/etc/nsswitch.conf" pid=3175171 comm="who" 
requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
2026-10-03T12:28:56.202799+10:00 server kernel: audit: type=1400 
audit(1790994536.201:1564): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" class="file" 
profile="who" name="/etc/passwd" pid=3175171 comm="who" requested_mask="r" 
denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0

Seems like there is a default who profile issue not trusting landscape-
sysinfo calls. Running landscape-sysinfo manually after login reproduces
the error.

I don't know if this is a bug or not - but I guess we should have an
updated who profile, whether that's upstream in the default policies or
in this project.

** Affects: landscape-client (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169377

Title:
  resolute: AppArmor denied when running landscape-sysinfo on login

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/landscape-client/+bug/2169377/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to