I retract that, this isn't the same as 2169088. That one reproduces on
50.0-0ubuntu2 as well, yours is is cleanly bisected to 50.2.
I tested this on AMD hardware. Resolute 26.04.1, grd 50.2-0ubuntu0.1,
Radeon 780M (gfx1103, radeonsi), mesa 26.0.8-1ubuntu0.3, H264-capable
client. Server log confirms the VAAPI path: "Successfully initialized
VAAPI 1.23 ... AMD Radeon 780M (radeonsi, phoenix, ACO)", caps H264
AVC444+AVC420 accepted. Greeter and full desktop render fine over both
AVC444 and AVC420.
So the 50.2 VA-API-on-AMD re-enable (upstream MR !401) is not broken on
RDNA3. Your Cezanne is gfx90c (Vega, VCN2.x), older encode engine.
Please can you confirm by connecting with a client that cannot do H264
(e.g. Ubuntu's stock xfreerdp3, /gfx only). If 50.2 works without H264,
then I'd triage this has an upstream bug with gfx90c.
** Changed in: gnome-remote-desktop (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
** Changed in: gnome-remote-desktop (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided => High
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169174
Title:
gnome-remote-desktop 50.2-0ubuntu0.1: black screen on system-level
(Remote Login) RDP; 50.0-0ubuntu2 works
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-remote-desktop/+bug/2169174/+subscriptions
--
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs