It is my understanding that the 405EX CPU is not Book-E, however in 
include/asm-ppc/processor.h line 390, Book-E definitions are used for the 
405EX.  Is this correct?

I am still trying to debug the cause of the AMCC 405EX Trap (see that thread 
for more info) and found this.  I was trying to see if SRR2 is being displayed 
in the register dump when I get the machine check on my board.

>From what I can tell, the 405EX does not have a CSRR0/1, but the SRR2/3 
>registers have the same functionality.  Elsewhere in the code, that is noted 
>and csrr0/1 are defined.  Yet, the exception code that is executed, utilizes 
>the Book-E definitions in processor.h.

Again I ask, is this correct?  It would seem like there should be a compiler 
directive that determines which definitions to use and define SPRN_CSRR0 to 
SRR2 and SPRN_CSRR1 to SRR3 and so on for the 34 Book-E definitions defined.

Am I correct in my thinking or am I way off?  Either way, please let me know.  
If this is a bug, it should be easily fixed.

Thanks!

Jonathan



--
Jonathan R. Haws
Electrical Engineering
Space Dynamics Laboratory
 
[email protected]
(435)797-4629


_______________________________________________
U-Boot mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.denx.de/mailman/listinfo/u-boot

Reply via email to