Dear Vincent,

I believe you would actually be able to do a "file external", see the 
reference to the SVN book already provided by Stefan. You might want to pin 
this to a specific revision and/or make sure to update the URL if you want 
to create a branch in the repository.

That said, proper symlink support on Windows is very much a feature that 
would improve Subversion on Windows. I know it require specific permissions 
and Git already has some support for it but I have not looked into the 
details. If this is something you would like to look into, 
[email protected] is the proper place to bring it up.

Kind regards,
Daniel



tisdag 17 februari 2026 kl. 12:52:03 UTC+1 skrev Vincent Belaïche:

> Dear Stefan,
> Thank you for your reply. Actually externals won't help, as I needed 
> symlinks inside the same project.
> I guess that probably this is not the right forum to raise this question, 
> and this has more to do with the core SVN project.
> BR,
>    Vincent.
>
> PS : FYI my use of symlinks is that I have written a LaTeX package 
> (makegobbler), the related project contains a test bench and I have several 
> tests test-A test-B and test-C corresponding to several ways to produce the 
> same output. I am using a LaTeX reference file tref-A to generate the 
> expected output of test-A in order to test that the package works properly, 
> and for test-B and test-C, as exactly the same output is expected, the 
> tref-B and tref-C references are just symlinks on tref-A. Have a look ? : 
> svn checkout https://svn.gnu.org.ua/sources/latex-makegobbler/trunk 
> ./makegobbler
>
>
>  
>
> Le lundi 16 février 2026 à 19:16:09 UTC+1, Stefan a écrit :
>
>> Sorry, but Subversion does not support symlinks on Windows.
>> However, you might be able to use externals instead:
>> https://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.externals.html
>>
>>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TortoiseSVN" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tortoisesvn/49c57f8a-179c-444f-957e-a7e2e2c01cdcn%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to