I don't have Dropbox but I have OneDrive and Nextcloud. I didn't have any 
icons and I've grown so weary of these problems that I've not bothered 
checking for a long time.

However prompted by your mail I checked the registry and found (not 
surprisingly) that Onedrive had added a bunch of leading spaces in in the 
key names, same with Nextcloud (but one less). Tortoise was installed with 
just two spaces so it ended up last in the list.

I removed all the Onedrive and Nextcloud keys and killed Explorer.exe, 
restarting it and now the Tortoise icons are back.

I'm on Windows 11 25H2 with the latest updates (2026-01).

Cheers,
Daniel


tisdag 20 januari 2026 kl. 18:42:43 UTC+1 skrev Alan Ostroff:

Bump. 

Are ICONs still working for you guys for those running Windows 11 and 
Dropbox?

On Thursday, December 18, 2025 at 10:33:17 AM UTC-8 Alan & Corin wrote:

OK, since about 2 months recent Window updates or Dropbox updates, not sure 
one, Tortoise icons no longer appear.

I've been through this for years, added spaces to the icon handlers, 
removing onedrive and dropbox handlers, etc., and everytime I've managed to 
get the icons to work. 

No more.  Can't get Tortoise's icons to appear. I'm running the latest 
version of tortoisesvn with the latest version of Windows 11. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TortoiseSVN" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tortoisesvn/1dc97eda-3899-479a-ad3c-e5f3a460de0an%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to