Hello, 

I am using Eclipse IDE and TortoiseSVN for version control. 

When I rename a class my workflow currently is like this:

* Rename/Move class in Eclipse IDE (so all the references from other files 
get updated, I cannot do this in SVN, and the class contents get updated 
with new name/package). 
* Update folder, so the original file gets restored.
* Rename my modified file by appending an underscore in Filesystem, not SVN.
* Do the SVN rename of the original file to the required new name.
* Delete new file in Filesystem, because it has the wrong content
* Remove underscore from target file.

Only now I have a history for the change I did in Eclipse. This is also 
something I cannot for the love of god hammer into the brains of my 
beginner collegues.

Could we instead improve the situation drastically by adding in the 
diff-Window a way to select one item which has the status deleted or 
missing and another item which has the status new or added and select a 
"Mark as renamed" functionality? That way also my collegues wouldn't 
consistently break my file histories.

To the guy who fixes that, thank you very much in advance.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TortoiseSVN" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tortoisesvn/de55a73a-97ef-4427-b9c2-7b1335eaeae5n%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to