Hi I think tor already has 32k open files limit, hence the error. Just to make sure, try this:
cat /proc/`cat /run/tor/tor.pid`/limits Notice the line with "Max open files" Depending on how tor is started, you might need to change the config: with systemd /lib/systemd/system/[email protected]: LimitNOFILE=xxxxx <= change this with init /etc/security/limits.conf: * soft nofile 8192 * hard nofile 32768 that one can be change /user (username), /group, ... or for all users (*) Bye On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 at 16:25 Tyler Johnson <[email protected]> wrote: > I believe this warning describes a lack of available file descriptors, > limiting the amount of connections your tor relay is able to make. > > ulimit -n is exactly the command you want to use to raise that limit from > your current 1024. > > What exactly that number should be, I couldn't say, but you could start at > 10000 and raise / lower based on your needs and resources. > > Raising a similar limit on OpenBSD from the default to 20000 helped > eliminate the error for me. > > > > On Dec 7, 2017 7:28 AM, "Logforme" <[email protected]> wrote: > >> I run the non-exit relay Logforme >> (855BC2DABE24C861CD887DB9B2E950424B49FC34). >> >> Today I saw a new warning in my tor log file: >> Dec 07 09:48:12.000 [warn] Failing because we have 32735 connections >> already. Please read doc/TUNING for guidance. >> >> The relay runs on an old Debian Wheezy machine. Me being a Linux noob I >> tried to read the doc/TUNING document ( >> https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/doc/TUNING) but the only >> information I deemed suitable for me was "Use ulimit -n", which I ran and >> it reported "1024". I guess that's not of interest for this warning. >> >> Over the years I have added some stuff to my sysctl.conf file that I have >> picked up. Don't remember from where: >> # Tor >> net.core.rmem_max = 33554432 >> net.core.wmem_max = 33554432 >> net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 87380 33554432 >> net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 65536 33554432 >> net.core.rmem_default = 524287 >> net.core.wmem_default = 524287 >> net.core.optmem_max = 524287 >> net.core.netdev_max_backlog = 300000 >> net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 33554432 33554432 33554432 >> net.ipv4.tcp_max_orphans = 300000 >> net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 300000 >> net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout = 4 >> vm.min_free_kbytes = 65536 >> net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time = 60 >> net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl = 10 >> net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_probes = 3 >> net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 1025 65530 >> net.core.somaxconn = 30720 >> net.ipv4.tcp_max_tw_buckets = 2000000 >> net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 0 >> net.ipv4.tcp_challenge_ack_limit = 999999999 >> >> None of the values seem to match the 32735 mentioned in the warning so >> I'm at a loss for what I am supposed to change. >> Anyone knowledgeable of these things that can give me some pointers? >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> tor-relays mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-relays >> > _______________________________________________ > tor-relays mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-relays >
_______________________________________________ tor-relays mailing list [email protected] https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-relays
