I seriously doubt the building code will allow you to install anything on a
roof without anchoring it down, no matter what the owner wants.

You better not be in a hurricane or tornado prone area.  Hurricane wind
resistance is 140 mph in many cases.


David L. Miller, P.E.
Engineered Fire Protection, LLC
11920 Richcroft Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana  70814
225-273-5040

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Lockyer <[email protected]> 
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2023 6:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] System piping installed on top of a roof

I have a situation in which I need to install piping on top of the roof of a
building, but I need to do so without also penetrating the roof deck. The
roof will support the system piping, structurally speaking, but I cannot
penetrate the roof membrane due to the owner being concerned about moisture
(I.E. - Rain) seeping through the roof and building. I am considering using
rubber-made pyramid adjustable support brackets in lieu of pipe stands since
I cannot anchor it to the roof deck/membrane.

Does anyone here have any experience in this type of situation ? If so, what
was your solution ?

Sean Lockyer
Project Designer                                   
AIT Life Safety                

_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to