You are.

13 states no leakage on hydrostatic test.

25 report leaks as deficiencies. Sometimes even Red Tag level as seen in 
tagging examples.

At least as much as I can recall..

R/
Matt

Please rate our customer 
service<https://survey.medallia.com/?emailsignature&fc=3539&bg=Fire%20and%20Fabrication>

Matthew J. Willis, CWBSP, CET
Engineering Designer IV
FERGUSON FIRE DESIGN, LLC
A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Ferguson Fire & Fabrication, LLC
401 N 5th Street
Suite 448
Wausau, WI 54403
C: 307-236-8249
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
www.FergusonFire.com<http://www.fergusonfire.com/>

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 8:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Older dry pipe sprinkler systems

Is there an acceptable leakage rate for an existing dry pipe system?

A renovation of an (20 - 30 years) existing system was done to replace leaky 
piping, perform 200 PSI water pressure testing and installation of a Nitrogen 
generator. This was done 2 years ago and some new leakage has started.
The owner has reached out to me to ask about the leakage rates. 2022 ed of NFPA 
13 Chapter 29.2.2 outlines the Air Test requirements. I do not see any 
allowances in NFPA 13 for any leakage.

I believe I will need to notify the owner to have a contractor investigate and 
repair.

Am I missing anything in NFPA 13 or 25?

Regards,
G. Tim Stone

G. Tim Stone Consulting, LLC
NICET Level III Engineering Technician
Fire Protection Sprinkler Design
and Consulting Services

   117 Old Stage Rd. - Essex Jct., VT. 05452
                 CELL: (802) 373-0638
             [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to