Thanks for your help. I installed slurm and start it successfully.

Now I need to read scheduling code and think about how to plugin plan-based
scheduling.

Have a good night.

Best Regards,
Peixin

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 1:57 AM, Alexandre Strube <[email protected]>
wrote:

> If you are installing from Ubuntu packages, it creates the user for you.
>
> If you are installing from source, you must create a user with useradd or
> adduser.
>
> Then you chown the file to this user. Remove the colon, like
>
> chown slurm /var/spool/slurmctld /var/log/slurm
>
>
> []s
> Alexandre Strube
>
> On 14 Nov 2016, at 23:44, Peixin Qiao <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi experts,
>
> When I install and start slurm on Ubuntu as http://slurm.schedmd.com/
> quickstart_admin.html, I am confused about step 7:
>
> NOTE: The *SlurmUser* must exist prior to starting Slurm and must exist
> on all nodes of the cluster.
> NOTE: The parent directories for Slurm's log files, process ID files,
> state save directories, etc. are not created by Slurm. They must be created
> and made writable by *SlurmUser* as needed prior to starting Slurm
> daemons.
>
> How to create slurmuser before creating those directories for slurm's log
> files..?
>
> When I create those directories as https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/
> niflheim/SLURM:
>
> mkdir /var/spool/slurmctld /var/log/slurm
> chown slurm: /var/spool/slurmctld /var/log/slurm
> chmod 755 /var/spool/slurmctld /var/log/slurm
>
>
> The command line shows:
> chown: invalid spec: "slurm:"
>
> Could any expert explain the meaning of step 7?
>
> Best Regards,
> Peixin
>
>

Reply via email to