Hi Peixin,

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 4:12 AM, Peixin Qiao <[email protected]> wrote:
> I install munge and restart my computer, then munge stopped work and
> restarting munge didn't work. It says:
>
> munged: Error: Failed to check pidfile dir "/var/run/munge": cannot
> canonicalize "/var/run/munge": No such file or directory
>
> Then, I reconfigure munge and start again, it works. Does it mean that
> /var/run/munge is temporary file and  I need reconfigure munge, install and
> start it every time when I restart my computer?
>
> This is munge working on my computer, is it correct?
> ps -ef | grep munged
> root      3371  1643  0 14:02 ?        00:00:00 munged
> peixin    3377 31934  0 14:02 pts/1    00:00:00 grep --color=auto munged


I vaguely remember you were using Ubuntu.  Is that correct?

You may need to use the --force option to munge.  Take a look at this:

https://github.com/dun/munge/issues/31

Ray

Reply via email to