-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Kaizaad,

I hate to say it, but I cannot _believe_ I never saw this detail in
the man page.

This information is extremely useful!

John DeSantis


On 10/26/2016 09:49 AM, Kaizaad Bilimorya wrote:
> 
> Hi Chris,
> 
> One way is to use "scontrol":
> 
> scontrol --details show job <jobID>
> 
> you should then see something like: ...snip Nodes=clu[2-3]
> CPU_IDs=0-19 Mem=1024 Nodes=clu4 CPU_IDs=0-3,10-13 Mem=1024
> 
> Note the note: Note that the CPU ids reported by this command are
> Slurm abstract CPU ids, not Linux/hardware CPU ids (as reported by,
> for example, /proc/cpuinfo).
> 
> http://slurm.schedmd.com/cpu_management.html#Section2
> 
> So if you want actually core ids, I guess you will have to query
> the cgroup hierarchy.
> 
> hth -k -- Kaizaad Bilimorya Systems Administrator - SHARCNET |
> http://www.sharcnet.ca Compute Canada |
> http://www.computecanada.ca ph: (519) 824-4120 x52700
> 
> 
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2016, Christopher Samuel wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Hi all,
>> 
>> I can't help but think I'm missing something blindingly obvious,
>> but does anyone know how to find out how Slurm has distributed a
>> job in terms of cores per node?
>> 
>> In other words, if I submit:
>> 
>> sbatch --ntasks=64 --wrap sleep 60
>> 
>> on a system with (say 16 core nodes where nodes are already
>> running disparate number of jobs using variable cores, how do I
>> see what cores on what nodes Slurm has allocated my running job?
>> 
>> I know I can go and poke around with cgroups, but is there a way
>> to get that out of squeue, sstat or sacct?
>> 
>> All the best, Chris -- Christopher Samuel        Senior Systems
>> Administrator VLSCI - Victorian Life Sciences Computation
>> Initiative Email: [email protected] Phone: +61 (0)3 903
>> 55545 http://www.vlsci.org.au/      http://twitter.com/vlsci
>> 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJYEL7qAAoJEEmckBqrs5nBVewH/1YZg0YPNiPszC80xaPNVDvi
qOXVbB3y7F7vdp0w1xiFbjsYLHUWYbtPoszOottkmkMjj+5rV+BrD8nQVOEp6Czv
LBtzkCCCGJElzpwS59zKE0UVa0JcR6sG0FJzboUAYWMslSPA3nKnDoH0OGPD6Unr
Vxvfb0h99bru9Ii0nQsGBjwSOkwQeBexvcq9Yj5rdN9rrBsAKQ33J1+knxnHcrjA
t8VGfM94QI48W8QTWdsFYCxz2WQpR9GJi1srxEEXjH/VgCBxYWaSuVlMJzCrSW7c
iPzIgdoNEnVcHM0PxpFwk40moEZJWc8k+yH+ZXI/LMnWad08KGY0US50fo9gRlM=
=MGR3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply via email to