Well said Malcolm.  I have no problem with this group at all - I get all the 
emails every day and if something interests me then I'll join in. If I have a 
problem, I'll ask - and usually someone can help.  What more does anyone want? 
Dee

Sent from my iPad

> On 19 Feb 2015, at 21:35, Malcolm <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> I have to respond; being another "dwindling member" with all-too-much
> flexibility and presently no access to internet of any sort beyond a
> land-line.  E-mail is hardly (you'll pardon me, I trust) a "deep rut"
> either, and has proven itself quite user-friendly.  
> 
> Rather it is the highly commercial ISP's which have mis-used the medium
> to extract whatever sale-able gains they can from it, and if you imagine
> they are not eager to do the same or worse to the consumer in forums or
> other sorts of lists you are deluded.
> 
> Further, the "collective wisdom" on this list remains  accessible in the
> archives, which have survived in spite of the machinations of the above
> mentioned Large, Profit Driven ISP's (oh, and don't forget Comcast.)  It
> is the community of dwindling members that have preserved their own
> copies of the archives and re-published them for us all; catch Yahooey
> doing that?!
> 
> Uncle Ben is a fine man, and brilliant; however his mind operates at a
> much greater speed than, say, 9,999 out of ten thousand.  This hardly
> qualifies as user-friendly for anyone but another Uncle-Ben, and often
> not for them either. I think you could figure this out - by observation
> if by no other means.
> 
> Have mercy and a little caution D&D; your "hard truths" are hard
> opinions, your examples less than exemplary, your disdain for
> contrasting thought, evident and contrary.  Your positive suggestions
> seem quite worthwhile, and if you spend more of your efforts on
> illustrating their benefits I'd be grateful.
> 
> Malcolm
> 
>> On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 23:57 +1030, Debra & David wrote:
>>> On 19/02/2015 12:38 AM, M.G. Devour wrote:
>>> 
>>> ... whatever platform you choose, I would strongly recommend that
>>> email notifications remain an optional feature. The ideal system will
>>> provide multiple communication methods, in order to reach/satisfy the
>>> largest potential audience.
>> 
>> The largest potential audience is best reached by a having a user
>> friendly forum. Not by having a forum that is stuck in a deep rut due
>> to the inflexibility of a few dwindling members. The growth of
>> vBulletin forums for even the most esoteric subjects should be a
>> lesson here.
>> 
>> (Mike, did you see Uncle Bens comment about why he posted once, then
>> gave up?).
>> 
>>> The list serves those who are comfortable with it just fine. I get that.
>>> It is not, however, doing fully what it was intended to do, which is
>>> bring the collective wisdom of our community to new people as well as
>>> foster technical discussions and development.
>> Sadly the 'collective wisdom' of this community is significantly less than 
>> it was 10 years ago. So much knowledge has passed through this forum, never 
>> to be seen again, that it is truly tragic. A couple of days ago I posted a 
>> message claiming I had discovered how to make crystal clear 200 ppm CS that 
>> was 50% ionic and 50% colloidal with particles smaller than Mesosilver. 10 
>> years ago this would have brought a storm of questions, skepticism and 
>> ridicule. Today it passed without comment by anyone except Jason.  Earlier 
>> in the week Floyd couldn't even get an answer to some pretty simple 
>> questions about his basic system. (My answer never appeared). More time has 
>> been spent discussing why he didnt get an answer than actually answering 
>> him. 
>> 
>> 
>> Anyway Mike, good luck with the search for a new format but I think you are 
>> barking up the wrong tree. Despite not having an email digest vBulletin is a 
>> proven success and has all the features you really need (including 
>> pictures!). You already have a license so why not give it a try as a 
>> parallel forum? If you do, my first post on it will be instructions on how 
>> to make that 'Super CS' I mentioned above.
>> 
>> 
>> David
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> --
> The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver.
>  Rules and Instructions: http://www.silverlist.org
> 
> Unsubscribe:
>  <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
> Archives: 
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
> 
> Off-Topic discussions: <mailto:[email protected]>
> List Owner: Mike Devour <mailto:[email protected]>
> 
>