Hello,
First, there are a number of different card/reader manufacturers to choose
from. Take a look at: http://www.smartcardcentral.com for a list of them.
If your background is Windows and you are an OO programmer I might suggest
installing the smartcard resource manager DDK available on Microsoft's web
site I believe. If you belong to MSDN you can look up the API calls to
the PC/SC resource manager. PC/SC helps abstract reader dependencies and
access to readers from many applications. Most cards and readers have
drivers for PC/SC. If you want to do Java development with Javacards try
looking at OCF: http://www.opencard.org - it is a Java framework that
works on Windows - you can download a Java driver for your reader and a
driver for your card and use Java to communicate with it.
Hope this gives you a direction.
Dave
> I totally new to smart card as a developer. I want to pursue my career in
> that direction.
>
> Few things to be consider:
>
> I have pc with win98 os.
> I don't have reader or smart card.
> If i want to install linux on pc what should i have to do?
> which reader and smart card will be easy to start.
> I am planning to buy Java Card Technology for Smart Cards. by Zhiqun Chen
> �published in June 2000.
>
> My education background is in OOP.
>
> I hope I will have good suggestion to start.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Shilpa
>
***************************************************************
Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
(Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html
***************************************************************