Hi,

I will put in a few differences.

OCF
Java Based (Heavier)

Portable across platforms

drivers only portable if written using JavaXComm which is not
supported on all platforms

Multi-Application Card Support


PC/SC

C/C++ based (Lighter)

Acceptable for embedded applications

More easily integrated with existing software

Included in Windows 2000, supported by M$

Can be more tightly integrated into the system


Besides Multi-Application card support most has to do with the advantages
and disadvantages of C vs Java.  I am biased here and feel that a resource
manager should be small and take up very little system resources which is
why I chose C.  Plus, this allows tighter integration with the system such
as file systems, etc.
It is not, however, as portable as Java.  Due to it's support the OCF's
API's are much more complicated than those of PC/SC.

Any other feelings ?

Best Regards,
Dave

David Corcoran
1008 Cherry Lane
West Lafayette, IN 47906


***************************************************************
Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
(Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html
***************************************************************

Reply via email to