Hi Aad.

> I like to make an automatic subscribe system for our
> practicums:
> put your card in the reader and the system generate
> an account name, password, home directory on the
> server etc. So we only like to read existing cards!

I�m working on an smartcard-based login for a larger
project. But it will be a very specific solution, as
far as I can say by now. I�m using a Towitoko Chipdrive
extern and BasicCards from ZeitControl
(http://www.basiccard.com).

> I don't like to reset this system several times a
> day, so I like to let it run under Linux (sounds
> familiar?)

Of course :))

> - Is there a good starters tutorial for working with
>   this cardreaders (under linux)

Maybe the "Towitoko Driver Project" is of some interest
for you. But it is in an early alpha state. Have a
look at http://smartcard.linux.de for more infos. An
other page dealing with Towitoko-Drivers can be found
at http://pcsc.virtualdave.com/~cprados/. These two
URLs contain some C code (several drivers), but not
that much examples. For getting an idea on how the
reader itself can be programmed you should read the
documentation section of the "Towitoko driver project".

> - are there somewhere C-programmed examples

Apart from several drivers for those readers I don�t
know any applications working with them under linux.

> - is there documentation about all the possible
>   commands in a readable lay-out

Gregor already wrote some tips. In addition I�m using
a book that deals with the most aspects of working
with chipcards, but it is a german book. I�ll send
you the ISBN, if you�re interested.

> - are there interesting internet-sites about the use >   of this cardreader under 
>Linux.

The one I told you above are the only one I know of.

> - is there somewhere (on internet?) an overview of >   this commands?

I found some informations about that standard within
the net, but I can�t remember the place. But I could
send it to you via E-Mail... tell me if you want that
and what packer to use...

Oh, maybe this guy at
http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~bossekr/
did work on his page in the last weeks. He wanted to
include the iso7816-texts in his page.

> Let me stop for this moment.
> Who likes to react?

Hope that helps a little bit.

> Greetings
> Aad van Duijvenbode

Bye, Mike


***************************************************************
Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
(Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html
***************************************************************

Reply via email to