Hey Christian, thank you for your fast reply, it was quite helpful!
Regards, Walder On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 11:29:09 PM UTC+2, Christian Hammond wrote: > > Hi Walder, > > I think there's some confusion about what the slider is for. I'll explain. > > When you first create a review request with a diff, that diff is stored > along with the review request as revision 1. Once you get reviews from > peers and make changes, you'll eventually update that review request with a > new diff: revision 2. Next would be 3, and so on. > > The revision slider makes it easy to select which diff revision (not > committed revision) you want to view, and makes it easy to view an > interdiff between them (showing the differences between two versions of > your change, to help with the review process). > > This all assumes you're using a pre-commit model, where you post changes > for review and gain approval *before* it goes into the codebase. This is > the recommended way of doing code review, as it ensures that bugs don't > slip in and others aren't building upon potentially fragile foundations. > > Christian > > -- > Christian Hammond > President/CEO of Beanbag <https://www.beanbaginc.com/> > Makers of Review Board <https://www.reviewboard.org/> > > On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 4:14 AM, 'Walder Röhrl' via reviewboard < > [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote: > >> Hey, >> >> I'm using Version 2.5.6.1 of Review Board, but I can't find the diff >> revision selector introduced in 2.0. In my diff viewer it's simply not >> there. Do I need to enable this feature somehow? I could't find anything in >> the settings. >> >> Also, I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to be used: I would like to >> select specific revisions when creating a review request. This is not >> possible using the selector in the webGUI, right? >> >> Cheers, >> Walder >> >> -- >> Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: >> https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/ >> Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: >> https://rbcommons.com/ >> Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/ >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "reviewboard" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected] <javascript:>. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > -- Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/ Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/ Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
