Package: src:reprotest
Version: 0.7.33
User: [email protected]
Usertags: python3.15
Tags: ftbfs, forky, sid
Severity: important

Hi!

While rebuilding the python related packages against the Python 3.15rc2 version we found that reprotest fails to build from source:
https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/artifact/4857039/

From the log, the error seems to be:

I: pybuild base:385: cd /build/reproducible-path/reprotest-0.7.33+py315.2/.pybuild/cpython3_3.15_reprotest/build; tox -c /build/reproducible-path/reprotest-0.7.33+py315.2/tox.ini --sitepackages -e py315 -x testenv.passenv+=_PYTHON_HOST_PLATFORM --installpkg /build/reproducible-path/reprotest-0.7.33+py315.2/.pybuild/cpython3_3.15_reprotest/reprotest-0.7.33-py3-none-any.whl py315: install_deps .pybuild/cpython3_3.15_reprotest/build> python -I -m pip install coverage diffoscope pytest ERROR: Could not install packages due to an OSError: No package metadata was found.

Requirement already satisfied: coverage in /usr/lib/python3.15/dist-packages (7.16.1) Requirement already satisfied: diffoscope in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (330) Requirement already satisfied: pytest in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (9.1.1) py315: exit 1 (0.62 seconds) /build/reproducible-path/reprotest-0.7.33+py315.2> python -I -m pip install coverage diffoscope pytest pid=154
  py315: FAIL code 1 (0.86 seconds)
  evaluation failed :( (0.88 seconds)

This fails for 3.15 but works for 3.14, so it's very likely that it is caused by one of the changes in the new release.

Setting the severity to important for now. Once Python 3.15 is released and later added to python3-defaults and this bug will become release critical.

--
Regards,
Marga

_______________________________________________
Reproducible-builds mailing list
[email protected]
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/reproducible-builds

Reply via email to