I don’t send these very often but this one made me think.
Becky
From: robbin manners
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:52 AM
To: Glenda Belcher ; tiffany beverley ; cindy holloway ; CINDY Holten ; Karen
Howard ; sandi lafoy ; melissa lewis ; becky manners ; bryan manners ; janet
moody ; Ruthie D. NeSmith ; Pam Powell ; evelyn simmons ; charlene sorrell ;
donivan neil thornton ; Teri Warnock
Subject: Fw: Fw: Interested in seeing how you handle this email
--- On Wed, 1/25/12, cityofodum <[email protected]> wrote:
From: cityofodum <[email protected]>
Subject: Fw: Fw: Interested in seeing how you handle this email
To: "Robbin Manners" <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 1:46 PM
----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:31 AM
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Interested in seeing how you handle this email
> From:Aubrey
> To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
> Subject: Fw: Interested in seeing how you handle this email
> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:39:36 -0500
>
> FW: Interested in seeing how you handle this email
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Kevin Smiley
> To: Becky &Larry Landon ; Hank O'Connel ; Henny B. ; Jerry T ; Joey &
> Debbie Coleman ; john ; Karen Waters ; Kelly Baxter ; Lamar McReady ;
lori
> smiley ; Paul Sparks ; Rheta Braddy ; Richard Webb ; Richard
Arnhaider ;
> Sharon Courson ; Sheila M. Fuller ; Susan Barker ; suzie ; tom nancy
> grooms ; Tom Martelle
> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:36 PM
> Subject: FW: Interested in seeing how you handle this email
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> One day, when I was a freshman in high school,
>
>
> I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school.
>
>
> His name was Kyle.
>
>
>
> It looked like he was carrying all of his books.
>
> I thought to myself, 'Why would anyone bring home all his
books
> on a Friday?
>
> He must really be a nerd.'
>
> I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game
with
> my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went
on.
>
> As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him.
>
>
> They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and
> tripping him so he landed in the dirt.
>
>
>
>
>
> His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass
about
> ten feet from him...
>
>
>
>
>
> He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.
>
> My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him as he
crawled
> around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye.
>
>
> As I handed him his glasses, I said, 'Those guys are jerks.'
>
> They really should get lives.
>
>
>
> ' He looked at me and said, 'Hey thanks!'
>
>
> There was a big smile on his face.
>
>
> It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.
>
>
> I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he
lived.
>
>
> As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I
had
> never seen him before.
>
>
>
> He said he had gone to private school before now.
>
>
> I would have never hung out with a private school kid
before.
>
>
> We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books.
>
>
> He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.
>
>
> I asked him if he wanted to play a little football
> With my friends .
>
> He said yes.
>
>
> We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle,
the
> more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.
>
>
> Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack
of
> books again.
>
>
> I stopped him and said, 'Boy, you are gonna really build
some
> serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!
>
>
> ' He just laughed and handed me half the books.
>
>
> Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends.
>
>
> When we were seniors we began to think about college.
>
>
> Kyle decided on Georgetown and I was going to Duke.
>
>
> I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles
would
> never
> Be a problem.
>
>
> He was going to be a doctor and I was going for business on
a
> football scholarship.
>
>
> Kyle was valedictorian of our class.
>
>
> I teased him all the time about being a nerd.
>
>
> He had to prepare a speech for graduation.
>
>
>
> I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak
.
>
> Graduation day, I saw Kyle.
>
>
> He looked great.
>
>
> He was one of those guys that really found himself during
high
> school..
>
>
>
> He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.
>
>
>
>
> He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him.
>
>
> Boy, sometimes I was jealous!
>
>
>
> Today was one of those days.
>
> I could see that he was nervous about his speech.
>
>
> So, I smacked him on the back and said, 'Hey, big guy,
you'll be
> great!'
>
>
> He looked at me with one of those looks (the really
grateful
> one) and smiled....
>
>
> ' Thanks,' he said.
>
>
>
>
>
> As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began
...
>
> 'Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it
> through those tough years.
>
>
> Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a
coach...but
> mostly your friends....
>
>
> I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone
is
> the best gift you can give them.
>
>
> I am going to tell you a story.'
>
>
> I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the
first
> day we met.
>
>
> He had planned to kill himself over the weekend.
>
>
> He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom
> wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.
>
>
> He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.
>
>
> 'Thankfully, I was saved.
>
>
> My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.'
>
>
> I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome,
popular
> boy told us all about his weakest moment.
>
>
> I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same
> grateful smile.
>
>
> Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.
>
>
> Never underestimate the power of your actions.
>
>
> With one small gesture you can change a person's life.
>
>
> For better or for worse.
>
>
> God puts us all in each other’s lives to impact one another
in
> some way.
>
>
> Look for God in others.
>
>
> You now have two choices, you can:
>
> 1) Pass this on to your friends or
>
> 2) Delete it and act like it didn't touch your heart.
>
>
> As you can see, I took choice number 1.
>
> 'Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings
have
> trouble remembering how to fly.'
>
>
> There is no beginning or end.. Yesterday is history.
>
>
> Tomorrow is a mystery.
>
>
> Today is a gift.
>
>
> It's National Friendship Week. Show your friends how much
you
> care. Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND.
>
>
> If it comes back to you, then you'll know you have a circle
of
> friends.
>
>
>
>
>
> WHEN YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER, YOU'RE REQUESTED TO SEND IT
TO AT
> LEAST 10 PEOPLE, INCLUDING THE PERSON WHO
> SENT IT TO YOU.
--
Access the Recipes And More list archives at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/recipesandmore%40googlegroups.com/
Visit the group home page at:
http://groups.google.com/group/RecipesAndMore