Garth: That's a very interesting discovery; I'll have to try the old
Polartec pullover this way, just to see how it does. I have to admit though
that when I first read your description, my skin crawled; I have ickey
memories of clammy synthetics in cold weather exercise. But the experiment
will cost nothing but a little, possible, discomfort.

But I do plan to seek out a cheap synthetic mesh top, ss, to try under a
cotton street shirt for winter riding -- mesh, shirt, perhaps light wool
pullover, and then shell.

Thanks, Patrick

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 6:41 AM Garth <[email protected]> wrote:

> Try no baselayer tops at all PM, just regular polyester fleece. My
> favorites are basic fleece like Polartec's 100, 200 and WindPro of varying
> weights.  I tried this on a whim one cold 20 degree winters day, wearing
> both a 100 1/4 zip and 200 full zip jacket with a LL Bean supplex nylon 1/2
> zip Anorak over them while hiking up and down my local hills. All very
> loose fitting. The Anorak is a way oversized vintage XXL tall , while I
> usually wear large in most clothing. It has drawcords around the hood and
> waist and bottom hem, and it's a good 32 inches long to cover the rear and
> hips so opening it up for a chimney cooling effect is great.  Since there
> is no base fabric to absorb any perspiration, it evaporates very quickly
> off the skin. Any moisture that contacts the fleece dries very quickly from
> body heat and there is no "rebound" effect of a chill as I never get too
> wet and hot. Staying "just right" feeling is very easy.  It's all pretty
> cool !
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 8:26:14 PM UTC-5, Patrick Moore wrote:
>>
>> Good to know that fishnet, even synthetic, works under synthetics. I hope
>> to try the combination.
>>
>> One big liability for wool, otherwise wonderful, is moths; dismaying to
>> buy an expensive top and, 2 years later find a moth hole in it. If
>> synthetic mesh and tops work well, perhaps they'll be an alternative to
>> wool.
>>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "RBW Owners Bunch" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>


-- 



*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*





*Still 'round the corner there may waitA new road or a secret gate,And
though we pass them by today,Tomorrow we may come this wayAnd take the
hidden paths that runTowards the Moon or to the Sun.*
                                --- J.R.R. Tolkien
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, and letters that get interviews
By-the-hour resume and LinkedIn coaching
Other professional writing services
Expensive! But good.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nuevo Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Auditis an me ludit amabilis insania?*

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to