Thanks for the laugh Chris...   Yes, I have heard terrible things
about yellow bikes, particularly those with S&S couplers.  If I'm too
troubled, yes... I know you and a few other people that would be happy
to help rid me of the affliction!

I commuted exclusively using a Moustache bar on my old Trek 520.  It
was fine for the commute, but if the rides stretched much past 50 or
60 miles, my wrists were uncomfortable. Once winter training rides
started stretching into the hundreds in preparation for TransIowa, I
switched to a Noodle bar. I like the variable positions on Noodle bar:
thumbs on the inside of the first bend in the bars toward the brake
levers, on the flatness of the top of the bar, on the hoods, and once
in a very rare moment in the drops.


On Apr 19, 7:58 pm, Chris Halasz <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks, Ken.
>
> Curious what limits the ride distance with the non-drop bars?
>
> Shoulders? Neck? Wrists?
>
> I tried to place these bars in the proximity of their Noodle predecessor,
> and enjoyed them for today's 40 miler. They also felt great following the
> mile swim! The lats do a little rubber banding sometimes ... Nevertheless, I
> like the aesthetic.
>
> BTW, I've always wondered if bar comfort is related to the bike itself?
>
> (For instance, I've heard that it is not possible to find comfortable
> handlebars with yellow bikes; even worse with S&S couplings. Don't know if
> that pertains to you, but if it does, let me know if I can help ;-).)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
> Tucson, AZ
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to