On 04/22/2014 01:52 PM, DNK wrote:


-----Original Message----- From: Eric Shubert
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 4:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [qmailtoaster] QMT on COS6 Officially Released!



Documentation is still a bit behind. If anyone would like to get some
experience with github's wiki, let me know and we can apply some
teamwork on getting that going. What we do with that presently has wide
open possibilities.

What is the URL for the new docs? Is it something people can have a look at?


Sure. Here it is:
https://github.com/QMailToaster/qmailtoaster-util/blob/master/README.install

Pretty simple, eh? Well, simple anywise. Perhaps not so pretty. ;)

I'm not yet sure how the wiki's going to fit in to github.

As you can see here:
https://github.com/QMailToaster
Each package has its own repository on github. Having a repo for each package made good sense when it came to automating the build process. I hope to get the new build process documented one day (it's highly automated, and the scripts are in the qmailtoaster-repo, qmailtoaster-develope and qmailtoaster-build package/repos) - perhaps we'll have a qmailtoaster-mirror package/repo at some point as well). Keep in mind that these are *source* repos, which serve an entirely different role than the yum repos that reside on all the mirrors. It's almost a shame that they're both called repos, because they're extremely different things.

Anywise, poke around there some to get a feel for github. It's pretty nice, and there's still a lot there that I'm not aware of.

Anyone who'd like to contribute can create a github account for themself, and I'll be happy to add them to the QMT project.

It appears as though each github repo can have its own wiki. So I guess I'll need to create a qmailtoaster-wiki repo, where the new wiki will reside. If there are details about any particular package, that can go in the package's wiki. This doesn't mean the qmt-wiki needs to follow the structure of the package repos, only that the project wiki can reference package-specific wiki pages.

Thanks for asking.

(Gotta go. More later.)

--
-Eric 'shubes'


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to