On 4/17/2014 3:28 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
> On 04/17/2014 01:55 PM, Eric Broch wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I have a message in /var/log/maillog of the following form
>>
>> spamc[id#]: skipped message, greater than max message size (512000
>> bytes)
>>
>> Clients are now complaining that they can't receive larger messages. It
>> was my understanding that QMT messages size was controlled in
>> /var/qmail/control/bytes.
>> Is there a way to increase this parameter in Spamassassin?
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> The message in maillog is just an advisory message. That messages
> would have gone through ok.
>
> Message sizes are controlled primarily by
> /var/qmail/control/databytes. That refers to the total messages size,
> and is enforced by qmail-smtpd (smtp, submission ports).
>
> Squirrelmail/php also have constraints which can effect message sizes.
> IIRC, that's just for uploading attachments though. I could be
> mistaken on that.
>
>
Wow, I knew that! Spamc skips the scanning portion but delivers the
message. I don't know where my head was. Thanks Eric.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to