Huji added a comment.

  In further investigation: it happens only when I use pywikibot to query an 
item on Wikidata that has a sitelink for `be_x_old`, such as Q4048908 
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q4048908#sitelinks-wikipedia>. I am not sure why 
wikidata shows those sitelinks as `be_x_old` when the link itself goes to a 
page like `be-tarask.wikipedia.or/wiki/foobar` but in any case, I don't think 
fixing it upstream in Wikidata would be a realistic answer here. So my proposal 
is: when we run into `be_x_old` in a Wikidata query, we should gracefully 
ignore that and not show the warning above.
  
  @Xqt what do you think?
  
  -------------
  
  Here is a piece of code that gives me the error every time:
  
    page = pywikibot.Page(pywikibot.Site('en', 'wikipedia'), 'Category:Hidden 
categories')
    item = pywikibot.ItemPage.fromPage(page)

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T234147

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/

To: Huji
Cc: Huji, Dvorapa, Xqt, Aklapper, Zoranzoki21, pywikibot-bugs-list, 
JohnsonLee01, Dijkstra, Zkhalido, Viztor, Wenyi, Tbscho, MayS, Mdupont, JJMC89, 
Altostratus, Avicennasis, mys_721tx, jayvdb, Masti, Alchimista, Rxy
_______________________________________________
pywikibot-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/pywikibot-bugs

Reply via email to