Your message dated Wed, 28 Oct 2020 20:25:20 +0100
with message-id <[email protected]>
and subject line Done
has caused the Debian Bug report #927254,
regarding libjs-vue-router: ships node module instead of browser one
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email protected]
immediately.)


-- 
927254: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=927254
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email protected] with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: libjs-vue-router
Version: 3.0.2+ds-1
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,

I am working on packaging Laminar CI system, and libjs-vue-router is one
of its dependencies. Upstream build system of Laminar downloads its
dependencies from web, but to comply with Policy, I patched it to use
local files. Unfortunately, it did not work.

Upstream author of Laminar (in CC) kindly provided following information:

  OK this is a problem. It looks like the libjs-vue-router package is not
  really a pure javascript package but actually a node.js one (probably
  should be named node-vue-router). It even lists nodejs in its dependencies:
  https://packages.debian.org/sid/libjs-vue-router

  I tried all the variations under /usr/share/javascript/vue-router, all fail
  in some variation of the same issue. I don't know how it worked for me last
  time, probably I made a mistake and accidentally used the "browser"
  vue-router js file.

  If you use the latest "browser" version of vue-router, available here:
  https://unpkg.com/[email protected]/dist/vue-router.js and linked from their
  installation page:
  https://router.vuejs.org/installation.html#direct-download-cdn then it
  works. So I think what should happen, at least ideally, is that the
  existing libjs-vue-router package should be renamed node-vue-router (and it
  should not symlink from /usr/share/javascript/vue-router to
  ../../lib/nodejs/vue-router/dist, and it should depend on node-vue not
  libjs-vue), and a new package named libjs-vue-router should be created
  containing the "browser" version. This would seem to be consistent with
  Debian Javascript packaging as I understand it

I have no expertise to comment on this, but can you please consider this
argument?
-- 
        Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once every 24 hours.
                 If matter is urgent, try https://t.me/kaction
                                                                             --

Attachment: pgpxGsElFuvXa.pgp
Description: PGP signature


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

--- End Message ---
-- 
Pkg-javascript-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-javascript-devel

Reply via email to