>
> What is the status of this?  Is it ready to be committed?
>

I meant to do another update this week, but some Postgres Summit US
activities have gotten in the way, I'll try to do another update one
tonight. It is possible that the update yields no new names.


>
> What is the difference between the two files you sent?
>

Per email on Aug 28:

Attached are two lists, nearly identical, of contributors to v19. Each file
is a docbook snippet that can be dropped into the release-19.sgml file.

The strict-names list filters out a single-named contributors, which
usually means a trade name of some sort. Peter Eisentraut has indicated
that he filtered out such names in the past, so if that's still the plan
then strict-names is the list to use. The as-is-names list still contains
those 4 trade names. I have no opinion about which list to use.

While commits are still coming in that would fit the v19 window, it may be
easier for the committer to manually scan those commits against the
existing list (whichever they choose to use) than wait for me to
re-generate the list, though I'm happy to do so if requested.

Reply via email to