> On 28 Sep 2026, at 14:49, Nazir Bilal Yavuz <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi, > > On Mon, 28 Sept 2026 at 12:46, Daniel Gustafsson <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> I've been looking at this patch and have tested it extensively both on local >> hardware and CI instances. Copilot review pointed out one thing which I >> think >> is accurate (though unlikely to happen), if the START WAL LOCATION and >> CHECKPOINT LOCATION straddle segments then the test would fail. Extracting >> the >> WAL filename from $shutdown_ckpt is the safer option. That fix and some >> commit >> message tweaking are the only changes in the attached v4. > > Thanks, v4 LGTM. > > There is one more issue found by an LLM: the checkpoint record itself > can straddle two WAL segments. However, I think this is a very rare > corner case and might not be worth fixing.
Thanks. I'll add a comment explaining this in the test to make sure we keep it in mind should we need it. -- Daniel Gustafsson
